Our firm handles many subrogation claims on behalf of local Israeli Insurers as well as foreign Reinsurers. Also, our firm represents major corporation, manufacturing companies, and private enterprises in insurance claims for indemnification and compensation regarding property losses that occurred to it in various aspects (such as extensive fires, water damages, embezzlements, Burglary and Thefts, Machinery Breakdown and more).
Involved Partner: Zvika Zelichov
Examples of our recent activity
Rotem Amfert Negev Ltd.
Our firm is representing Rotem Amfert Negev Ltd. and its insurers (Migdal Insurance Company and Generali UK), in various subrogation claims as follows:
- Our firm was recently instructed to represent Migdal Insurance Company, Rotem Amfert Negev Ltd., Assicurazioni Generali and other interested reinsurers in a major subrogation claim, following fire damages in the total amount of $100,000,000 (both property damages and Business Interruption), that Occurred in 2015 at Rotem’s plant.
- A claim against Siemens AG, the manufacturer and supplier of Rotem Amfert’s (Generali’s insured) Turbo Generator, in the framework of an arbitration that is taking place in Zurich under the International Chamber of Commerce rules. The claim is in the amount of $5,000,000.
- A claim in the total amount of $1,000,000 regarding damages, that occurred to Rotem following the collapse of a roof in one of its phosphate storage warehouses.
- A claim against Siemens regarding major Fire that broke out at the medium voltage facility at Oron plant in Dimona, Israel. The scope of damage is estimated to be in the vicinity of $2,500,000. It is alleged that it was Siemens technician’s negligent workmanship which led to the fire that broke out in the voltage facility.
- A claim against Siemens, the manufacturer and supplier of Rotem’s Turbine, for the total amount of $2,200,000, that was submitted to the District Court (Central). The basis of the claim is Rotem’s allegations against Siemens regarding damages the occurred to its turbine, following negligent workmanship on behalf of Siemens’ engineers and technicians.
Tower Semiconductors Ltd.
Our firm is representing Tower Semiconductors and its insurers (Migdal Insurance Company and Generali UK) in four subrogation claims as follows:
- A claim against the Israeli Electric Company (IEC) and ABB, one of the global leading corporations in power and automation technologies, for the total amount of $2,750,000. The Basis allegation of this claim is that it was the negligence of IEC and ABB that caused a power outage to Tower’s plant, following which severe damages occurred to silicon wafers and chemicals during manufacturing process.
- A claim against the Israeli Electric Company (IEC), for the total amount of $4,300,000, regarding damages that occurred to silicon wafers and chemicals during manufacturing process. The damages occurred following power outage caused as a result of the shutdown of the plant’s main transformers.
- A claim against ASM Europe B.V. and ASM Israel Ltd. for the total amount of $1,500,000, regarding fire damages that occurred in the plant of Tower Semiconductors, due to malfunction in a furnace that serves in Tower Semiconductors’ productions process. The furnace was manufactured by ASM Europe B.V. and was purchased from ASM Israel.
- A claim against Yani Ltd., for the total amount of $7,500,000 regarding fire damages that occurred in the plant of Tower Semiconductors, due to Yani’s negligent design of the plants’ electricity defense systems.
Tnuva Food Industries Agricultural Co-Op in Israel Ltd
Our firm is representing Tnuva Food Industries Agricultural Co-Op in Israel Ltd. and its insurers and reinsurers, in subrogation claim against the Israeli Fire Authority following major fire that caused severe damages to Tnuva’s property. The total amount of the claims submitted by our firm regarding this occurrence exceeds $8,000,000.