Our firm deals with all aspects of Property Insurance Claims, especially complicated, significant and of high – value ones. We deal with many high profile claims, in the fields of Construction All-Risk Insurance; Civil & Heavy Engineering; Energy, Machinery Breakdown and Professional indemnity, as well as major Fire and Water liability losses.
Involved Partner: Zvika Zelichov
Examples of our recent activity:
N.T.A. – Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd.
In June 2015 Zelichov, Ben-Dan & Co. won a public tender, to serve as the external legal advisors and render legal services and court representations, in the broad legal field of insurance and torts claims, to N.T.A. – Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd. This project, which is considered to be the largest construction project in Israel, will involve the erection of a large net of light trains and busses, with a governmental investment of billions of dollars. During the years 2016-2017, our involvement in this project increased and on top of the above day to day legal activities, we are involved with the strategic arrangements of the insurance and legal structure of NTA vis-à-vis its insurers on the one hand and its contractors and subcontractors on the other.
In the framework of these services our firm is involved, among others, with the following activities:
- Ongoing legal representation of N.T.A. – Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd., in various legal issues regarding insurance law, torts law, insurance regulation etc.
- Preparation of legal opinions regarding various insurance and torts matters.
- Representation of NTA in court cases.
- Involvement in NTA’s strategic decisions vis-à-vis its insurers, contractors and subcontractors.
Intel Electronics Ltd.
Our firm represents Intel Electronics Ltd. in tens of claims, regarding property damages and bodily injuries occurred in the framework of the erection of its FAB28 plant in Kiriat-Gat Israel.
Our firm also represents Intel in three subrogation claims against its contractors, as follows:
- A claim for the total amount of $2,500,000 regarding water damages occurred to its power suppliers following negligent workmanship in the framework of reinstalling its fire extinguisher system.
- A claim for the total amount of $1,700,000 regarding water damages occurred to one of its tools following the negligence of its suppliers and contractors on site.
- A Claim for the total amount of $4,000,000 against the Ashdod Port Authority regarding damages that occurred to Intel’s tool during its delivery from the manufacturer in Japan to Intel’s plant in Israel.
- Our firm was instructed to render Intel and its insurers TPA services as well as legal representation in their new 1274 project – the upgrade of Intel’s manufacturing technology in their plant in Kiriat Gat.
- Also, our firm is advising Intel in Israel on a regular basis, on various issues concerning insurance contract law, underwriting issues, tort matters etc.
Our firm was instructed by XL Catlin in Zurich to represent it in a $10,000,000 claim that was submitted by Von Roll Transformers against Clal Insurance Ltd. (that sent a third party notice against XL Catlin), following damages that occurred to its transformers in the framework on its transportation from Israel to the US. In the framework of this claim, allegation were raised by Clal, the defendant, against XL Catlin, that it is the product liability insurance policy of Von Roll with XL Catlin that should cover these damages and not the Marine insurance policy that was issued by Clal.
Tadiran Group Ltd.
Our firm is representing Tadiran Group Ltd. an Israeli public company, which manufactures, markets, and sells, electrical appliances. In the framework of the legal services rendered by our firm to Tadiran, we represent it in tens of claims concerning alleged damages that occurred to third parties following fire that were caused due to its products.
Our firm represented one of the biggest Israeli military technology companies in two property claims as follows:
- Damages in the total amount of $3,000,000 occurred to Elbit, following a fire which spread from a next door factory, to one of its warehouses.
- Damage in the total amount of $300,000 that occurred to Elbit’s prototype camera, in the framework of a test flight that was performed by an Australian aviation company.